Gerald Martin is a team player, working with the owner, architect and consultants from the conceptual stages of design through construction until the facility is operational and occupied.
GM's approach to construction entails:
- Provide field administration and construction office
- Implement GM Quality Assurance Program
- Ensure proactive Risk Management throughout
- Implement GM Corporate Safety Program
- Establish and maintain cost control procedures with schedule of values
- Direct and perform the onsite work per schedule
- Provide concise monthly payment requests and construction schedule updates
- Conduct progress meetings with the Team
- Generate, monitor and respond to all RFI's and ASI's
- Initiate and complete project closeout process
Cost Control During Construction -
GM estimators perform detailed quantity surveys for each trades scope of work. We will also present a deviation analysis that will compare GM's estimate to the owner's budget or other cost baseline.
Quality Assurance -
Gerald Martin conducts special Quality Assurance meetings to ensure that all team members are aware of our standards and the contract document requirements. Our management team reviews project requirements with the owner and designer to measure the effectiveness of our QAP process.
GM's scheduling procedure requires, at a minimum, a monthly review the Project's status. At a Project Team Meeting, the Project Manager addresses the project status including current information on submittals, RFI's, and change orders with the entire team. GM's goal is to ensure that the original baseline schedule completion date is met, and we have an excellent track record of just that!
On-site Supervision -
GM Superintendents actively manage the project daily on-site. Typical responsibilities include: jobsite management and project setup; field office and manpower management; materials and tools/equipment procurement and maintenance; quality control; safety; and project close out.